Completely delete and re-install VNC

Quentin Stafford-Fraser quentin "at" orl.co.uk
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 15:48:17 +0000

Harry Nooitgedagt wrote:

> How do I COMPLETELY delete everything (without ANY trace) of VNC of
> my system (Novell network, individual PC's)?

If you did a normal installation and use of WinVNC, the software is
all put under
C:\Program Files\ORL\VNC.

In addition, if you didn't have msvcrt.dll and msvcirt.dll or if they
are out of date with respect to the ones VNC needs then they may be
updated in your system directory, and you may have an
omnithread_rt.dll there as well.

Lastly, you need to check your LOCAL_MACHINE and user registry areas
under SOFTWARE/ORL if you really want to get rid of everything.

The normal way to uninstall VNC is, of course, to use the "Add/Remove
Programs" option in the Control Panel, but as with any other Windows
software, it can't always remove everything, especially if any of the
software is running at the time you try to uninstall.

Hope this helps,
Quentin