AIX compilation problems

David Schroeder david.schroeder "at"
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 04:01:26 +0000

I am having trouble compiling vnc-3.3.2 on an RS6000 running AIX 4.1

The error I get not far into the make is as follows...

Making in ./libvncauth...
        cc -O  -I. -I../include    -DSYSV -DAIXV4    -c vncauth.c
1506-333 (S) License failure: acquire: No servers available for this vendor
(network license server/library).

I have applied the patch from the contributors pages, and scanned the list
archives but cannot find any reference to an error like this.

Can anyone enlighten me?

David Schroeder
Computer Systems Officer
School of Geography, Population and Environmental Management
Flinders University
Adelaide, South Australia.
David.Schroeder "at"

Ph:   8201 2846