Error closing viewer under 95B.

Robert Beyreis Rbeyreis "at" ptisys.com
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 19:25:27 +0000

While closing the Windows viewer(95B -> 95B) after about 10 minutes of work
I got the following blue-screen error:

An Exception 0E has occurred at 0028:C001B9A6 in VxD IFSMGR (01) +
000038FE.  This was called from 0028:C0045598 in VxD NDIS (01) +
00008660.  It may be possible to continue normally.

I was able to reproduce this error repeatedly by closing the viewer while it
was still loading the initial screen and was wondering if anyone had seen it
before.
Networking stops functioning at this point until a reboot.  I had this
happen on some other machines, but I didn't end up troubleshooting it(it
doesn't happen once you format and install NT :) )