S3 problems?

Sven Eklund sek "at" leissner.se
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 00:48:17 +0000

Hi,

I have got problems to run vnc-server (3.3.2r2 as a service) on a couple of
new comupters, some with Win 95 and some with NT 4.0. On NT 4.0 the computer
just hangs after some work (no blue screen). After reboot, you can read in
the event viewer, that the mouse ringbuffer got full. In Win 95 I have
problems to print even when no one is connected to VNC (but the service is
running).

All the computers are of the same type and they have a S3 Virge GX2 graphics
card (AGP I think). I suspect the graphics card is the problem, perhaps in
combination with other hardware. Anyone else had similiar problems OR can
someone confirm that VNC-server actually works with S3 GX2 cards and
Windows?

Except for these computers, we have never had any problems with stability
and VNC before.

Thanks in advance!

Sven Eklund
Leissner Data AB