Command-line Password Change Capability in WinVNC?

David Bussenschutt D.Bussenschutt "at" mailbox.gu.edu.au
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 00:28:42 +0000

Emman, et al,

>Is there a way to set/change the WinVNC server password from the command
>line?  I am looking for the Win equivalent of the UNIX  "vncpasswd" command.
>Does anyone know if such a utility exists?

almost, but not quite....

if you create a registry file with the correct pasword in it you can import
it into the registry with the command-line: regedit [/s] filename.reg

the optional /s is just the 'silent' option.

David.