VNC request

Angel Martin Alganza alganza "at" ss20.mpi-seewiesen.mpg.de
Sun, 11 Oct 1998 17:57:10 +0000

At 01:28 10/12/98 +0900, kandalva wrote:
>Dear Sirs,
>
>I use beta version of VNC for Macintosh,and works fine. :)
>
>But I want to suggest to add this feature to VNC.
>
>On server side,convert color screen to Black&White with
>dither and send to client as B/W graphic. It will boost-up
>network performance about 8 times faster than 8 bit mode.

I work with two 100% VNC-based desktops in UNIX. One of them is large and I
use it locally to run a window manager and X applications for local ussage.
My second desktop is small, whithout a window manager and with very few
colors... I use it for server maintenance from home and even when I am
traveling. I think having a blck and white option, as you suggest, would be
an excelent idea. I could run my "tiny desktop" much faster than I do it
now. I think this is an excellent idea!

Thanks,
Angel

 Angel MARTIN ALGANZA              Telephone: +49-(0)8157-932.410 Fax 400
 Max-Planck-Institut fuer                GSM: +49-(0)172-8967.178
    Verhaltensphysiologie             mailto:alganza "at" mpi-seewiesen.mpg.de
 D-82319 Seewiesen                 talk:Angel "at" 193.174.243.90  UIN:5334825
 Deutschland                    http://www.mpi-seewiesen.mpg.de/~alganza/