SOCKS support in Win32 version

Todd Aiken taiken "at" ubishops.ca
Sat, 10 Oct 1998 00:59:26 +0000

	Greetings.  I am new to this mailing list, so please excuse me if
this question has already been answered.  I did check the archives,
but found nothing answering my question.

	I am trying to run the VNCVIEWER program on a Windows 95
machine using SOCKSCAP32 in order to connect to a Windows NT server
on the other side, but whenever I do so, I get an error message that
says "Error initializing sockets library".  Running VNCVIEWER
directly and it runs, but I can't connect to any side past my
firewall.  I see that people have modified the X version to allow
SOCKS support, but has anybody done so to the Win32 version?  Many
thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

CU L8R...

Todd A. Aiken                  | This space can be yours, for just four
Technician                     | easy payments of $39.95.  Plus, buy
Cole Computer Centre           | one half and get the 2nd half for 50%
BISHOP'S UNIVERSITY            | off the cost of the two together!
Lennoxville, Quebec, CANADA    | Call 1-800-4-RIPOFF today!