CTRL-ALT-DEL ... again

FRANK PAPA FPAPA "at" email.usps.gov
Fri, 09 Oct 1998 16:03:35 +0000

     I disagree.  This would go much beyond the scope of VNC.  There ar=
     lots of utilities for Win 95 that do this already, so it doesn't m=
ake
     sense that this feature should be built into VNC.  Quite honestly,=
 I'm
     surprised that VNC even supports Win 95!

                                                       -Frank

______________________________ Forward Header _________________________=
_________
Subject: RE: CTRL-ALT-DEL ... again
Author:  owner-vnc-list "at" orl.co.uk at INTERNET
Date:    10/9/98 9:58 AM

It could be useful to terminate a process within vnc, for instance a pr=
oxi
server that is not responding and you are monitoring through vnc, I can=
 do
that in windows 95 by telling the computer to shutdown and then it will=
 tell
me that something is not responding and that should I terminate it, I c=
hoose
yes and when it askes me if I want to shut down winvnc I tell no, it wo=
uld be
easier if vnc could show me the tasks currently executing in the server=
 and
to be able to shut the down