VNC - File Transfers

James B. MacLean macleajb "at" Trademart-1.EDnet.NS.CA
Thu, 08 Oct 1998 18:34:45 +0000

On Mon, 5 Oct 1998, Josh Hults wrote:

> >Im probably going to get shot for asking/suggesting this, but here
> goes >anyway.  I work frequently with remote contol software such as
> PC Anywhere
> Nobody gets shot here, I like that.  This is one of the
> few mailing lists I subscribe to where little bickering doesn't break
> out. :)

Then, for the record :) ... In contrast, when compiling kernels:

o I do not need every option that has been made available to me
o I do not need the same options everyone else uses
o I am grateful the options I need are availble

That is how I see a file transfer function working in VNC. If someone
wants to contruct one, and since much of the internals for one already
exists, why can it not be available to those of us who are in favor of it,
but make certain that it creates no bloat for those who want a small
footprint?

Win win?

Kudos to the VNC team and its users,
JES
--
James B. MacLean        macleajb "at" ednet.ns.ca
Department of Education http://www.ednet.ns.ca/~macleajb