vnc-list-digest V1 #94

Wed, 07 Oct 1998 18:20:49 +0000

On Wed, 7 Oct 1998, Ashwin Kovummal wrote:

> HI,
>
> Can we remote just one application from the server to the remote system
> under windows NT ?. Currently as I see the server, the entire desktop is
> remoted across.

Currently, VNC will only remote the entire desktop.

>  If anybody has tried this or knows if the existing apps can be modified
> to handle this It would be great.

In principal this modification could be made.  The main limitation is
really in establishing which windows to remote - is it always sufficient
to remote all the windows created by a particular application, for
example?  It's not quite as simple as just remoting all the windows as if
they were separate desktops.  Also, what would happen when a window was
re-sized?  It would make an interesting and probably quite useful
extension to the existing system, though, if someone decided to put the
time in to try it. :)

Cheers,

James "Wez" Weatherall
Tel : Work - 343000