VNC without initial password (unix)

Quentin Stafford-Fraser quentin "at"
Wed, 07 Oct 1998 15:54:59 +0000

Michael Zakharoff wrote:
> OK!   It *DOES* work without a password, but I STILL get the initial
> "VNC Auth" screen... However, I can just click the "ENTER" and it
> works...  Its closer!!!

Yes, the Java viewer always displays this prompt even if no password is
actually required.  You'd need to change the Java source to change this.
The other viewers will, in general, let you straight in.

And yes, the authorisation is set up by the -auth command passed to Xvnc
by the vncserver script.  Take that out and it'll let you in.

Dr Quentin Stafford-Fraser
ORL - The joint research lab of Olivetti & Oracle

The VNC mailing list     -   see