minor winvnc feature request(s)

Quentin Stafford-Fraser quentin "at" orl.co.uk
Tue, 06 Oct 1998 09:19:14 +0000

Hi David,

Boyce, David wrote:

> I haven't noticed any other discussion of this but ... would it be possible
> to add a registry entry enabling one to turn off the little information box
> that pops up when setting the winvnc viewer into full-screen mode?

I quote from the documentation:

"If, after a while you get annoyed with the dialog box, you can disable
it by creating a DWORD registry value named

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ORL\VNCviewer\Settings\SkipFullScreenPrompt

and setting it to 1. A simpler method will be in a future version!"

> Come to think of it, an option which causes vncviewer to connect in
> full-screen mode would be nice too.

Yes, that could be handy - I'll put it on the list.

As an aside, if you have a keyboard with one of those special 'Windows'
keys, you can use that in place of the 'Ctrl-Esc-Esc' - it's a bit
handier.

Regards,
Quentin