Mac alpha server problem

Michael K. Murray mmurray "at" maths.adelaide.edu.au
Mon, 05 Oct 1998 01:46:31 +0000

Has anyone tried the Mac alpha server? When I set it up and
the screen draws in the viewer the cursor stays frozen as an
arrowhead in one place and when I move the mouse a small dot
moves around the screen. Unfortunately the dot won't
drop menu's or close windows when I click. When I use the Java viewer
I don't get the dot the arrowhead movees but there is no response
to clicks.

I am running the server on  a G3 desktop at work and the viewer at home
on a G3 PowerBook. I have set it up remotely using TB2 which is
still running so maybe that is interfering.

Thanks - Michael
Michael Murray
Department of Pure Mathematics       Fax: 61+ 8 8303 3696

University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174
Australia  5005      Email: mmurray "at" maths.adelaide.edu.au
Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
PGP PUblic Key:
 http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.html