VNC - File Transfers

Luis B. Almeida Luis.Almeida "at"
Sun, 04 Oct 1998 13:54:57 +0000

John Marsh wrote:
> Im probably going to get shot for asking/suggesting this, but here goes
> anyway.  I work frequently with remote contol software such as PC Anywhere
> and Timbuktu.  I recently found VNC and am very pleased with it.  But to be
> usefull in some environments, it lacks one feature, file transfers.  In PC
> Anywhere and other softwares like it, there is a built in transfer system,
> so you can transfer files between the two machines without having to set up
> FTP servers on them all.  Is there any way to incorporate that into a
> future version of VNC?  Is this a stupid idea?  Anyone else have any
> thoughts about it?  Thanks alot.

I think file transfer would be great.

Luis B. Almeida
                                  Phone:  +351-1-3100246,+351-1-3544607
INESC                             Fax:    +351-1-3145843
R. Alves Redol, 9                 E-mail: luis.almeida "at"
1000 Lisboa, Portugal
   *** Indonesia is killing innocent people in East Timor ***

The VNC mailing list     -   see