VNC - File Transfers

Ivan Popov pin "at" math.chalmers.se
Sun, 04 Oct 1998 11:04:15 +0000

> Aaron DiLapi wrote:
>
> > I think its a good idea to have file transfers.  I find there are situations
> > where it would be incredibly useful, as it is I use text cut/paste through
> > VNC a lot.  I think there is probably some very easy way to implement file
> > transfers without doing a full FTP implementation, it really wouldn't add a
> > whole lot of "bloat" to VNC, and I think it would be well worth it.

I think file transfers are quite different topic (often useful though),
but there would appear a bunch of problems relating to the set of features
needed by different people, security issues and so on.

I'm always for modularizing. Make it apart. Let VNC be remote desktop.
You don't need to move files between your _terminal_ and somewhere else,
or if you do, it doesn't relate directly to vnc functionality...

Regards,
--
Ivan