VNC features

John Marsh jamarsh2 "at" unity.ncsu.edu
Sat, 03 Oct 1998 18:46:47 +0000

I dont think incorporating a type of FTP client/server in VNC would
increase its size that considerably.  FTP doesnt require a program have
that much intuition about the transfer for it to be effective.

At 07:18 PM 10/3/98 +0200, Alfredo Sola wrote:

>	Hi everybody,
>
>>    Actually, if you're going to pick features from TB2 that you would
>>    like in VNC ... I'd opt for the flashnotes before file transfers -
>>    I find it easy enough to use the FTP clients and pass files through
>>    another host when I'm too impatient to setup a FTP server.
>
>	Allow me to disagree. I think one of the best things in VNC is its compact
>size: One exe and you have the client anywhere. If you put in a load of
>features, you can say goodbye to compactness.
>
>--
>Alfredo Sola
>Administrador del sistema.

John Marsh IV
PC Support Technician
Computing Resources Department
NCSU Veterinary College
4700 Hillsborough Street
Raleigh, NC 27607
Email: jamarsh2 "at" unity.ncsu.edu
Work Phone: (919) 218-4689
Pager: (919) 857-8928
Pager Email: 9198343441.8578928 "at" pagenet.net