VNC - File Transfers

John Marsh jamarsh2 "at" unity.ncsu.edu
Sat, 03 Oct 1998 17:29:33 +0000

Im probably going to get shot for asking/suggesting this, but here goes
anyway.  I work frequently with remote contol software such as PC Anywhere
and Timbuktu.  I recently found VNC and am very pleased with it.  But to be
usefull in some environments, it lacks one feature, file transfers.  In PC
Anywhere and other softwares like it, there is a built in transfer system,
so you can transfer files between the two machines without having to set up
FTP servers on them all.  Is there any way to incorporate that into a
future version of VNC?  Is this a stupid idea?  Anyone else have any
thoughts about it?  Thanks alot.

--john
John Marsh IV
PC Support Technician
Computing Resources Department
NCSU Veterinary College
4700 Hillsborough Street
Raleigh, NC 27607
Email: jamarsh2 "at" unity.ncsu.edu
Work Phone: (919) 218-4689
Pager: (919) 857-8928
Pager Email: 9198343441.8578928 "at" pagenet.net