change to vncpasswd requested

Luis B. Almeida Luis.Almeida "at"
Fri, 02 Oct 1998 09:29:45 +0000

> Thus I would argue that in the
> interest of consistency VNC ought to be modified in one of two ways:
> either don't make this silent change (my original request) or failing
> that, refuse to open a password file with modified permissions. Some
> Unix implementations (AIX?) require a .rhosts file to be mode 600 before
> opening it, so there is a precedent here.

When it finds a file with modified permissions, it could also warn the
user and ask whether to proceed.

Luis B. Almeida
                                  Phone:  +351-1-3100246,+351-1-3544607
INESC                             Fax:    +351-1-3145843
R. Alves Redol, 9                 E-mail: luis.almeida "at"
1000 Lisboa, Portugal
   *** Indonesia is killing innocent people in East Timor ***

The VNC mailing list     -   see