Strange problems entering passwords

Malcolm Caldwell malcolm "at" it.ntu.edu.au
Fri, 02 Oct 1998 02:55:31 +0000

On Thu, Oct 01, 1998 at 07:04:37AM -0700, Greg Hewgill wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 01, 1998 at 08:30:59AM -0400, David S. Goldberg wrote:
> > I type in my password.  No go.  However if I type the same password on
> > the NT box's keyboard it works just fine.
>
> If I connect to an NT machine from a Linux box, the right hand shift key
> doesn't seem to work. Since the left hand shift key works okay, I haven't
> really looked into the problem. Could this be what you're seeing?

AHA!  Thats what was happening.

I use x2vnc for my desktop environment connecting from my old sunos machine to
my pc.  I thought the old keyboard was dying.

> Greg Hewgill

Malcolm Caldwell - Network Supervisor             Email:malcolm "at" it.ntu.edu.au
Information Technology Support                    Ph:  +61 8 89466631
Northern Territory University,Darwin              Fax: +61 8 89466630
CASUARINA 0909 Australia