Anyone got problem getting DosVNC to use 8bpp color depth instead of 16bpp?

Quentin Stafford-Fraser quentin "at" orl.co.uk
Fri, 02 Oct 1998 00:03:27 +0000

Derrick,

I can't remember off-hand whether the DOS viewer follows the X viewer in this,
but with the X viewer, -depth is to do with the depth requested by the viewer
from the *local* X server.  The option you need to request 8 bits from the VNC
server is given by '-bgr233'.

A little confusing, I know.
Quentin