Strange problems entering passwords

Robert J. Brown rj "at" eli.elilabs.com
Thu, 01 Oct 1998 19:59:31 +0000

    Greg> On Thu, Oct 01, 1998 at 08:30:59AM -0400, David S. Goldberg
    Greg> wrote:
    >> I type in my password.  No go.  However if I type the same
    >> password on the NT box's keyboard it works just fine.

    Greg> If I connect to an NT machine from a Linux box, the right
    Greg> hand shift key doesn't seem to work. Since the left hand
    Greg> shift key works okay, I haven't really looked into the
    Greg> problem. Could this be what you're seeing?

Yeah, that one bit me too.  I seem to recall there was a reason for
this behaviour, and a way to configure around it, but since I do not
use vnc with the server on NT and the client on Linux for more than
just a little bit of work, I just learned to log in typing my password
with the left shift key.

--
--------  "And there came a writing to him from Elijah"  [2Ch 21:12]  --------
R. J. Brown III  rj "at" elilabs.com http://www.elilabs.com/~rj  voice 847 543-4060