Strange problems entering passwords

David S. Goldberg dsg "at"
Thu, 01 Oct 1998 16:17:20 +0000

> If I connect to an NT machine from a Linux box, the right hand shift
> key doesn't seem to work. Since the left hand shift key works okay,
> I haven't really looked into the problem. Could this be what you're
> seeing?

Yup, that was it.  The right shift key isn't being recognized.  I can
verify that by typing into other things.  I guess I was just "lucky"
that the only place I was using the right shift key was a password and
so couldn't actually see it happening :-)

Thanks much,

Dave Goldberg
Post: The Mitre Corporation\MS B305\202 Burlington Rd.\Bedford, MA 01730
Phone: 781-271-3887
Email: dsg "at"

The VNC mailing list     -   see