Strange problems entering passwords

David S. Goldberg dsg "at" mitre.org
Thu, 01 Oct 1998 14:11:45 +0000

I've recently begun running vnc 3.3.2r2 server on an NT 4.0 sp3 box
and 3.3.2r2 client on a solaris 2.5.1 box.  I've run winvnc -install
to have it run as a server.  I can then run vncviewer from the solaris
box to connect.  I get prompted for the server password and get the
window.  So far so good.  I type C-A-DEL and get the logon screen.  I
type in my password.  No go.  However if I type the same password on
the NT box's keyboard it works just fine.  All other text entry is OK
(that is, if I move to the username box and retype the username it
enters just fine, so I don't think the FAQ about meta, shift or
control being stuck is the answer).  Since I really want to move the
NT box to another office, this is a show stopper.  Any ideas what I'm
doing wrong?  Or how I might debug it?

Thanks,

--
Dave Goldberg
Post: The Mitre Corporation\MS B305\202 Burlington Rd.\Bedford, MA 01730