VNC 3.3.2 on Solaris 2.4?

Mike Johnson Mike.Johnson "at" GSC.GTE.Com
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 23:12:03 +0000

Hello,

I'm having a bear of a time getting VNC to build on Solaris 2.4 using
gcc 2.7.2.2.  I searched through the archives of the list, and didn't
find an answer, nor did I find a Solaris 2.4 binary.  I'd -really- like
to build VNC myself, but for the short term, does anyone have/know of
a binary VNC for Solaris 2.4?

Now, that said, here's the problem I'm running in to.  After a xmkmf
in the main vnc directory, a make World runs fine for quite some time,
then barfs with this:

rm -f vncviewer
gcc -o vncviewer args.o listen.o rfbproto.o sockets.o vncviewer.o x.o -O2 -L/
usr/openwin/lib -lXext -lX11 ../libvncauth/libvncauth.a -lsocket -lnsl
srandom                             ../libvncauth/libvncauth.a(vncauth.o)
usleep                              rfbproto.o
random                              ../libvncauth/libvncauth.a(vncauth.o)
wait3                               listen.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to vncviewer
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `vncviewer'

Does anyone have any ideas?  Any pointers?

Thanks,
Mike

--
Mike Johnson - mike.johnson "at" gsc.gte.com
Network Engineer - Prototype Development