Send Ctrl-Alt-Del

David Moore djmoore1 "at" yahoo.com
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 16:08:43 +0000

Thank you for the input but unfortunately neither solution worked for
me.  I'm running the viewer from the laptop which has only one set of
Ctrl and Alt keys (and they are on the left).

When I try Anne's recommendation all that happens is the mouse pointer
disappears leaving only that little square.  As soon as I move the
mouse, the point comes back.

The "Send Ctrl-Alt-Del" from the Viewer's menu does nothing at all.

Any other suggestions?

-David
---"James [Wez] Weatherall" <jnw "at" orl.co.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Nov 1998, Anne wrote:
>
> > > Subject: Send Ctrl-Alt-Del
> > > Has anyone gotten this to work?
> >
> > Yes, but I can't explain why..
> > I got a NT server with VNC and Win98 workstations with the
VNC-Viewer.

> > Connect to your VNC server,
> > Press CTRL-ALT-DEL on the client  --> you'll get the Close Program
> > dialog,
> > press Escape to get rid of it,
> > then press Delete (maybe twice), --> guess what, somehow
CTRL-ALT-DEL is