"Xtee"

Ivan Popov pin "at" math.chalmers.se
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 11:10:15 +0000

Hello there,

many people on this list replied to the message about shareable X desktop.

I am wondering why just running Xvnc + (X?) vncviewer client isn't
sufficient?

I even tried to start Xvnc with -query option and it looks (in vncviewer)
exactly like my usual login screen. Then I can log in and do anything...
And make this session shareable.

Isn't it what you are looking for?

Yes, naturally, you have to login and to run some kind of vncviewer.
Well, make your startx (or "vncuser"'s login script?) start just
X vncviewer to local Xvnc, nothing else...

A bit surprised,
--
Ivan Popov <pin "at" math.chalmers.se>
Systemman, Driftavdelningen, Matematiska institutionen, Chalmers TH