"Xtee"

Richard Offer offer "at" morgaine.engr.sgi.com
Sun, 29 Mar 1998 20:54:34 +0000

* $ from joel "at" exc.com at "29-Mar: 2:00pm" | sed "1,$s/^/* /"
*
*
* >Check out the Xnest server which comes (I believe) with the R6 sources...
* >>
* >>I'm pretty sure that there are displayless display servers out there,
* >>used for debugging.  One of these would be a good candidate to be
* >>shared to vnc.

Xfvb is the virtual frame buffer X server, it fakes a Xserver purely in memory
no graphics at all (of course this also means that there is no way of viewing
the display (well there is is, but you don't want to know....).

Folding the Xvnc code into Xvfb would be a great idea, it would remove the
necessity of having to run a Xserver (except the combined Xvnc/Xfvb)...

*
* I've taken a brief look at Xnest, but I don't see how it will help.
* It's just an X server that talks to xlib instead of real h/w.  It
* still doesn't do any multiplexing.

Yep, that bit you'll have to do yourself.

*
* -Joel
* (joel "at" exc.com)
*