Caps lock

Sun, 29 Mar 1998 19:27:47 +0000

On Sun, 29 Mar 1998, Dr. Joel M. Hoffman wrote:

> In other words, after I press Caps_Lock, vncviewer only sees cap'd
> letters, right?  Because Win95 and not vnc is processing the
> caps-lock?

Yes.  Once the Windows client end of the connection has Caps-Lock set,
Windows will supply uppercase characters to the viewer, even though the
server end isn't set to caps-lock mode.

I have no idea how easy it is to fiddle with the Windows character
mappings (I assume it involves writing your own keyboard layout.)

Cheers,

James "Wez" Weatherall
Tel : Work - 343000