"Xtee"

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij "at" caiw.nl
Sun, 29 Mar 1998 16:30:48 +0000

On Sun, 29 Mar 1998, Dr. Joel M. Hoffman wrote:

> I'm still a bit jealous that Win95 users get to access their desktops
> without making any changes, but we Unix users have to setup a new
> desktop to be shared.  While this is great when moving from station to
> station, running Xvnc and vncviewer on the same machine instead of
> just (in my case) Xfree86 has its problems.
>
> So my first thought was to take on the task of merging the Xvnc
> sources with Xfree86, so that my current X server would also act as a
> vnc server.  But I don't know anything about the X sources, and so I
> don't have the time I would need to do this.
>
> So my second thought is this: Is an X program like the unix "tee," but
> bidiretional, feasable?  That is, how hard would it be to make a dummy
> X server that just multiplexes two other X servers, sending all the
> I/O from one to the other and vice versa.  Then it would be possible
> to run XFree86 and Xvnc on the same desktop.  Would this work?  Is it
> hard?

Chech the archive for comp.os.linux.announce as I have seen something
similar pass by some time ago.

Hugo.

	| Hugo van der Kooij     | Hugo.van.der.Kooij "at" caiw.nl   |
	| 3155 VJ  Maasland      | (De man met de rode hoed)    |
		(Mitch Radcliffe)