new question

Eric Banker ebanker "at" erols.com
Sun, 29 Mar 1998 10:58:13 +0000

ok i seem to have figured the User problem out, the X servers listed
there were all root. so i figured that out and now users can start the
server but only one can be started at a time becasue it will only allow
one window manager to be open at a time. I can't for some reason, unless
i am root of course, open up more than one instance of a window manager.
So say for instance i want to run qvwm on one server and another user
wants to use that one also, well it won't allow that. even if you try
and force a xterm up on the screen nothing happens. just a blank gray
screen. Here is the output that i get from the server after it is
started. :

rfbInitSockets: listening on TCP port 5902
httpInitSockets: listening on TCP port 5802
AUDIT: Sun Mar 29 04:49:47 1998: 1967 Xvnc: client 1 rejected from IP
************
Xlib: connection to "eric:2.0" refused by server
Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
qvwm: Can't open display eric:2
AUDIT: Sun Mar 29 04:49:47 1998: 1967 Xvnc: client 1 rejected from IP
Xlib: connection to "eric:2.0" refused by server
Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
Error: Can't open display: eric:2
rfbCheckFds: got connection

the rest of the file is as if it had started normally. The ****'s are
just masking my ip. It was there. Anyways i can't figure this one out.
If you an help thanks. If more info is needed let me know.
thanks
Eric