users?

Eric Banker ebanker "at" erols.com
Sun, 29 Mar 1998 10:17:32 +0000

Ok i have been having a wierd problem lately, I have RH5 but i have already
patched the program and everything seems to work, accept for one thing, other
users can not start a server. I have had this working 2 times in the past but
as soon as i reboot it nolonger allows this. All the X.log file says is this:
Fatal server error:
Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't already
running
_X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
_X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
_X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
_X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
_X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111

That is all that is says and no server starts.  I know that i have fixed the
font problem now because root can use it no problem. I have also already
changed the permissions on .X11-unix so everyone should be able to write to it.
there is also no lock file for xwindows anywhere. If anyone has anyideas i
would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Eric