256 color Server

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij "at" caiw.nl
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 22:06:26 +0000

On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, Peter Doshi wrote:

> James [Wez] Weatherall wrote:
>
> [snip]
> > 4bpp is 16 colours.  8bpp is 256 colours.  WinVNC will happily support 4,
>
> Thanks for clearing this up.
>
> [...]
> > What sort of errors are you experiencing?
>
>  > vncviewer 192.168.0.2:0
> vncviewer: VNC server supports protocol version 3.3 (viewer 3.3)
> Password:
> vncviewer: VNC authentication succeeded
> vncviewer: read failed
>
> There's the problem - password succeeds, but nothing comes up on screen.
>
> WinVNC 3.3.1: 486 DX2/66, 16MB, WinVNC R9, Windoze 95

Does this machine work in this configuration? it will not run. That is for
sure. It may crawl. But winvnc could be very well just too much for this
machine.

> vncviewer: PII, 64MB, FreeBSD vnc port.
>
> BTW, things worked fine with another windoze computer which was on the
> same network at: 192.168.0.3:0 , so I'm stumped.

Which may have to do with the specs of the machine.

Hugo.

	| Hugo van der Kooij     | Hugo.van.der.Kooij "at" caiw.nl   |
	| 3155 VJ  Maasland      | (De man met de rode hoed)    |
		(Mitch Radcliffe)