Caps lock

Dr. Joel M. Hoffman joel "at"
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 20:47:09 +0000

I use caps lock for control (and I've become VERY used to this.)  I
tried using xmodmap in an xterm running under Linux (Xvnc) and viewed
under Win95 (vncviewer) to make Caps_Lock into Control, the way I do
from the console, and it almost works.  I can use Caps_Lock as
control, but it >also< invokes caps lock.

Is this a Win95 bug?  Is there any way around it?  Two work-arounds
come to mind:

	1.  Changing Caps_Lock to Control for all of Win95 (I would
	    love this, but I don't think it can be done.)

	2.  Putting a key-translation table into vncviewer.  I don't
	know if this would help, though, because it looks like the
	problem is that vncview is getting keys from Win95, which is
	still seeing the caps lock and send caps.

(joel "at"