Strange behavior (for me)

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij "at" caiw.nl
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 20:05:34 +0000

On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, Jean-Francois Bardou wrote:

> Bonjour,
>
> I'm testing the vnc server on a linux system (2.0.28)
> and a vnc client on a W95 system.
>
> I used the downloaded compiled version.
>
> All seems Ok :
> 1- I launch the server from the linux box (xterm),
> the client on W95 and the XWindow is coming. I
> can use it to access Xv or vi...
>
> 2- But, on the linux side, an ininterruptible flow
> of processes is created (until crash, if I don't kill
> the vncserver : is not so obvious to kill it)
>
> 3- If I tried to launch the server from the W95 box
> by telnet, the process is aborting (after a while)
> with an error message telling ..." process fork" or
> some  near sentence.
>
> I'm not a unix guru, so I'm unable to interpret
> this behavior.
>
> Can anyone help me ?

Chech for something that is started recursively. That will kill you the
way you just described.

Hugo.

	| Hugo van der Kooij     | Hugo.van.der.Kooij "at" caiw.nl   |
	| 3155 VJ  Maasland      | (De man met de rode hoed)    |
		(Mitch Radcliffe)