VNC as a teaching tool?

Fri, 27 Mar 1998 14:42:58 +0000

On Wed, 25 Mar 1998, John C. Hayward wrote:

> I asked one of my students to try it out - setting one machine up as the
> server with the option of disable remote keyboard and pointer (win-95
> server).  He reported it worked except that clients could not see the
> mouse moving as the server did stuff.

The current behaviour is that only remote mouse events (those sent to the
server by a client) cause the mouse to be updated on that client.  If you
have the source code compiling ok, then the 'fix' is to uncomment line 220
of vncDesktop.cpp, to cause the remote cursor to respond to local mouse
event messages.

This change will be present in Revision 14 of WinVNC.

Cheers,

James "Wez" Weatherall
Tel : Work - 343000