Keyboard working incorrectly accessing a VNC Server on Linux

Martin C. Mueller mcm "at" itwm.uni-kl.de
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 17:07:51 +0000

> To:            H.Hippenstiel "at" system-design.com
> Cc:            vnc-list "at" orl.co.uk, mcm "at" itwm.uni-kl.de
> Subject:       Re: Keyboard working incorrectly accessing a VNC Server on Linux from Windows
> Date:          Thu, 26 Mar 1998 12:35:18 +0000
> From:          Tristan Richardson <tjr "at" orl.co.uk>

> > Topic says it all - just to make it more clear: Basically everything is doing
> > fine - I have a germany keyboard layout. What's not working is keys like @, \ -
> > though it's the Right-Alt key that's not working. Any hand to help?
>
> Unfortunately the keyboard-handling at present is rather Anglo-centric, and
> was only tested on UK and US keyboards before we released it.  We've had
> some suggestions as to how to cope with other keyboards, and are working on a
> better general solution.
>
> Martin C. Mueller <mcm "at" itwm.uni-kl.de> told us he'd done some quick hacks to
> support German NT keyboards so it might be worth asking him to make them
> available.   Martin?

That's correct. Right now I'd prefer to send them on request only,
until I receive some positive reports on the correctness.

So, just ask, I'll be glad to give,
MCM

Martin C. Mueller           |              Institut fuer
Mail: mcm "at" itwm.uni-kl.de    |  Techno- und WirtschaftsMATHEMATIK e.V.
Tel.: 0631/205-4472         |        Abteilung Prof. Dr. Hamacher
Fax.: 0631/205-4139         |         http://www.itwm.uni-kl.de
Post: Erwin-Schroedinger-Strasse, D-67663 Kaiserslautern