Keyboard working incorrectly accessing a VNC Server on Linux from Windows

Tristan Richardson tjr "at" orl.co.uk
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 12:38:27 +0000

> Topic says it all - just to make it more clear: Basically everything is doing
> fine - I have a germany keyboard layout. What's not working is keys like @, \ -
> though it's the Right-Alt key that's not working. Any hand to help?

Unfortunately the keyboard-handling at present is rather Anglo-centric, and
was only tested on UK and US keyboards before we released it.  We've had
some suggestions as to how to cope with other keyboards, and are working on a
better general solution.

Martin C. Mueller <mcm "at" itwm.uni-kl.de> told us he'd done some quick hacks to
support German NT keyboards so it might be worth asking him to make them
available.   Martin?

Cheers

Tristan

|  Tristan Richardson                 Email:  tjr "at" orl.co.uk          |
|  ORL                                  Tel:  +44 1223 343000        |
|  24a Trumpington Street               Fax:  +44 1223 313542        |
|  Cambridge, CB2 1QA, UK               WWW:  http://www.orl.co.uk/  |
|          ORL - The Olivetti & Oracle Research Laboratory           |