WinVNC Bug?

Thu, 26 Mar 1998 11:47:18 +0000

On Wed, 25 Mar 1998, Aaron DiLapi wrote:

> There seems to be something weird with WinVNC R12 on my computer...  Lately when
> someone connects to my computer the Caps Lock and Num Lock are turned on when
> they connect, and stay on when they leave.  Unfortunately, at this point they
> are "locked", no amount of pushing the keys will turn them off.  The only way to
> turn them off is to connect to another computer with the client, and then turn
> them off while connected, unfortunately this turns them on on the remote
> computer.  If anyone else has had this problem please speak up! Thanx

I've added some code to disable the Num Lock, Caps Lock and Scroll Lock
keys when a new interactive connection is made.  In R12, this code didn't
do quite the right thing, so the results could be erratic.  This will be
fixed in R13 when it is released.

Cheers,

James "Wez" Weatherall
Tel : Work - 343000