Re[2]: WinVNC & NT: 100% CPU utilization

Wed, 25 Mar 1998 13:22:31 +0000

On Wed, 25 Mar 1998 Shane_McLaughlin "at" stream.com wrote:

>      Don't forget that the taskmanager itself is notorious for hogging a
>      lot of resources - typical M$ bloatware - i *think* that may be fixed
>      in a service pack update (a.k.a. bugfix)

For the purpose of monitoring CPU usage while using WinVNC, I suggest
using the Performance Monitor tool, under the Administrative Tools menu,
from another machine on the network, and getting it to record the CPU
usage as you use the VNC'd machine normally.

That's what I do, to get reliable performance measures.

Cheers,

James "Wez" Weatherall
Tel : Work - 343000