Re[2]: WinVNC & NT: 100% CPU utilization

Shane_McLaughlin@stream.com Shane_McLaughlin "at" stream.com
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 12:44:28 +0000

--IMA.Boundary.0129280980

     Don't forget that the taskmanager itself is notorious for hogging a
     lot of resources - typical M$ bloatware - i *think* that may be fixed
     in a service pack update (a.k.a. bugfix)
     try ps.exe, a port of the unix ps command to win32.
     There's a lot of versions floating around on the 'Net,
     <PLUG>
     I recommend the Cygnus GNU-Win32 port of the GNU Un*x GCC, + unix
     shell utils.
     great for Unix junkies stuck with a win32 machine
     </PLUG>
     This should have a lot less resource usage.
     http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/ 16MB for the entire development
     enviroment
     Drop me a line and i'll email you ps.exe and the necessary cygwin.dll
     to run it. As well, the individual files are also buried deeply on
     Cygnus' FTP site.