Xvnc and Cygwin32

Tristan Richardson tjr "at" orl.co.uk
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 10:42:17 +0000

> Maybe I should have tried
> to find
> out exactly which version of X11 Xvnc is based on and taken that as a
> starting point...
>
> Question for the people at ORL: Have you thought of updating to a newer
> version of X11? This would make the porting job much easier, especially if
> you
> also changed Xvnc to use the wrapper network functions.
> Maybe you are waiting for X11R6.4 to come out before updating?

Xvnc is based on the X11R6 sources.  Later releases of X just seemed to have
more baggage in them so I've never taken the trouble to update.  I had to hack
the X tree around quite a bit to get just the sources to build the X server,
and I don't fancy doing it again.  However if someone else were to do the same
for a more up to date release of X that would be a good thing.

Cheers

Tristan

|  Tristan Richardson                 Email:  tjr "at" orl.co.uk          |
|  ORL                                  Tel:  +44 1223 343000        |
|  24a Trumpington Street               Fax:  +44 1223 313542        |
|  Cambridge, CB2 1QA, UK               WWW:  http://www.orl.co.uk/  |
|          ORL - The Olivetti & Oracle Research Laboratory           |