vnc server and redhat 5

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij "at" caiw.nl
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 21:29:22 +0000

On Tue, 24 Mar 1998, David Cougle wrote:

> _X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
> _X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
> _X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
> _X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
> _X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
> _X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
> xrdb: Connection refused
> xrdb: Can't open display 'belmont.edu:1'
>
> etc....
>

> This is what my X.log says, and I try to connect to myself with netscape and it
> won't let me.
> what to do?

Authorize yourself to use the display you have stated. This is a FAQ and
that is also the right document to read.

Hugo.

	| Hugo van der Kooij     | Hugo.van.der.Kooij "at" caiw.nl   |
	| 3155 VJ  Maasland      | (De man met de rode hoed)    |
		(Mitch Radcliffe)