24bpp strange

Tristan Richardson tjr "at" orl.co.uk
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 16:18:57 +0000

> I cannot run vncviewer in 24 bpp mode. vncviewer works fine in
> 8bpp,16bpp,32bpp.
>
> the vncviewer  window is created  and imediatly killed.

None of the servers or viewers support 24-bit packed format at the moment
[stupid idea if you ask me :-)].  I suppose the viewer really should inform
you rather than waiting for the server to refuse the connection.

Cheers

Tristan

|  Tristan Richardson                 Email:  tjr "at" orl.co.uk          |
|  ORL                                  Tel:  +44 1223 343000        |
|  24a Trumpington Street               Fax:  +44 1223 313542        |
|  Cambridge, CB2 1QA, UK               WWW:  http://www.orl.co.uk/  |
|          ORL - The Olivetti & Oracle Research Laboratory           |