Xwindows

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij "at" caiw.nl
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 16:20:58 +0000

On Sun, 22 Mar 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

> > What is the value of having  a GUI to your Unix box?
>
> Its very hard to play quake on a text terminal.

Well. I guess one is better of without it. At least I am.

> Also all the usual things like software development, mail, wordprocessing  and
> the like are so much nicer with a sensible GUI.

Well opinions differ in this matter. I prefer to read mail (text) as text
and not with some GUI. The same is true for writing code. I still find vi
the best thing to write code although I am not a programmer.

And wordprocessing is done bij sgmltools here. I write my documentation in
SGML. So I can make nice paper versions and online version without having
to change a bit.

Hugo.

	| Hugo van der Kooij     | Hugo.van.der.Kooij "at" caiw.nl   |
	| 3155 VJ  Maasland      | (De man met de rode hoed)    |
		(Mitch Radcliffe)