Xauth not in path?

Peter Doshi pdoshi01 "at" student.vill.edu
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 01:06:31 +0000

Rob Zimmerman wrote:

> Yes, I have just istalled a copy of Vnc on my remote
> Sparc20/Solaris2.5 Attempting to strt server via telnet I reciev an
> error Xauth not found in path. I looked at the perl script to see
> that there is a referance to .Xauthority but see that ther is no dir
> created when un taring the file. What am I missing?

If you're the sysadmin, on the server which you're trying to start Xvnc,
there probably is a problem in the /etc/hosts file - you probably have a
mistake there, and as a result it can't bind.  Check the file and see if
that changes anything.

Peter