Interoperability

Dr. Joel M. Hoffman joel "at" exc.com
Sat, 21 Mar 1998 23:06:51 +0000

>Currently I'm not running my entire desktop inside the server, I have a
>'mini-desktop' which looks like my normal desktop, but is smaller (1024x768)
>and I only use it for mail and news (since these are the things I really care

The real solution to this, it seems to me, is to completely merge the
vnc sources with the X sources, so that any X server can be rebuilt to
support VNC.  In my case, I would rebuild by S3 Xfree86 server with
VNC support, and just use that one desktop.

I know nothing about the X source tree, or XFree86.

How hard would it be?

-Joel
(joel "at" exc.com)