cursor keys under java applet

Geoff Gibbs ggibbs "at" hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 08:36:50 +0000

> I've been trying out the java applet on "Netscape Gold 3.04/export,
> 03-Oct-97" running on a SunOs machine.
>
> It works fine[1], except for the minor annoyance that the cursor keys
> don't get through to the xterms.  My assumption is that netscape is not
> passing them to the java applet, but I might be wrong.
>
> Has anyone else found this?  Or is it just me.

Yes. Only the main keys are sent through. The arrow keys and the keypad
and the function keys are not sent through by Netscape 3 on Solaris.
It is fixed in Netscape 4.

Geoff Gibbs

UK-Human Genome Mapping Project-Resource Centre,
Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SB, UK
Tel: 01223 494530  Fax: 01223 494512  E-mail: G.Gibbs "at" hgmp.mrc.ac.uk