idea: vncd

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij "at" caiw.nl
Tue, 17 Mar 1998 06:26:06 +0000

On Mon, 16 Mar 1998, Ryan Kirkpatrick wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Mar 1998, Erez Doron wrote:
>
> > one thing that is great about vnc, and will not be if it will
> > be on a daemon is:
> > everytime my win95/NT crushes and i reboot, then all my unix
> > aplications are still running, and i can connect to the same session
> > with no losses.
> >
> > if i had used vncd instead, i would have lost everything
> > i ran erlier to the crash
>
> 	Ok, since I apprently can't make anyone understand (or those who
> do understand are not speaking up) this idea (which wasn't even mine to
> begin with), how about lets let this thread die? If I (or any one else)
> ever gets the chance to code this, then maybe we can get everybody to
> understand. But until then, it is hopeless. Sorry, not to rag on any one
> in particular, but I have clearly (or atleast I thought I did) explained
> this concept more than once, and still people are not catching it. Since
> there only seems to be a general interest in poking holes in it, I will
> let it die. Thanks.

my o my. We seem a bit touchy.

I noted only that one could do some things perhaps without coding where as
others requires you to change code. As I am no programmer I could only
describe what I could do with the existing code without needing to code
something.

Hugo.

	| Hugo van der Kooij     | Hugo.van.der.Kooij "at" caiw.nl   |
	| 3155 VJ  Maasland      | (De man met de rode hoed)    |
		(Mitch Radcliffe)