idea: vncd

Ryan Kirkpatrick rkirkpat "at" nag.cs.colorado.edu
Tue, 17 Mar 1998 02:38:18 +0000

On Mon, 16 Mar 1998, Erez Doron wrote:

> one thing that is great about vnc, and will not be if it will
> be on a daemon is:
> everytime my win95/NT crushes and i reboot, then all my unix
> aplications are still running, and i can connect to the same session
> with no losses.
>
> if i had used vncd instead, i would have lost everything
> i ran erlier to the crash

	Ok, since I apprently can't make anyone understand (or those who
do understand are not speaking up) this idea (which wasn't even mine to
begin with), how about lets let this thread die? If I (or any one else)
ever gets the chance to code this, then maybe we can get everybody to
understand. But until then, it is hopeless. Sorry, not to rag on any one
in particular, but I have clearly (or atleast I thought I did) explained
this concept more than once, and still people are not catching it. Since
there only seems to be a general interest in poking holes in it, I will
let it die. Thanks.

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                     |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)    |
|  Ryan Kirkpatrick  |  Boulder, Colorado  | rkirkpat "at" nag.cs.colorado.edu  |
|               http://www-ugrad.cs.colorado.edu/~rkirkpat/                |