a newsgroup?

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij "at" caiw.nl
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 22:53:22 +0000

On Mon, 16 Mar 1998, Martin C. Mueller wrote:

> > On Mon, 16 Mar 1998, Stuart wrote:
> >
> > > Having only just subscribed to the mailing list, and wading through lots
> > > of posts, I was wondering if a newsgroup or two (eg ...vnc.d and
> > > ...vnc.announce) might not be a bad idea?  Sorry if this has already been
> > > discussed.
> >
> > Well, newsgroups draw more spammers then I do care to see. I guess they
> > outclass sirup (I have not seen sirup draw as many flies as I have had
> > spams after using use(less)net for a while.)
> >
> > So I would be glad to keep things as they are now.
>
> I second this. However, I like the suggestion of a low-volumes
> announcement list for people who just want to stay informed but don't
> want to receive over 21 messages a day (average of this month, count
> courtesy by findmail :-) ). I enjoy this kind of service with
> several other products very much.

Pardon me. So I either lost over 65% of the messages or we have scored
only about a 100 per 15 days (March 1 to March 15) which are only 6 to 7
per day. Or that counter is way off.

I do suspect the latest. And I assume an announcement list would be nice
but it would not be on the top priority list.

I would like to know about patches but assume there must be better ways
then sending all these files to the mailinglist. A public place to put
them and where others can read them would be nice.

Hugo.

	| Hugo van der Kooij     | Hugo.van.der.Kooij "at" caiw.nl   |
	| 3155 VJ  Maasland      | (De man met de rode hoed)    |
		(Mitch Radcliffe)